Saturday, October 8, 2011

Spooky Spectacular


'Tis the season.  I love fall and everything about it.  I wanted to share with you some images from my hometown in Two Rivers during their Applefest.  Everyone gets together and celebrates the fall season.  We Cheeseheads love our food and during a visit back home last year I was able to enjoy all that Fall had to offer.
During my brother's wedding, we went to the little village of Mishicot.  Here's a pic I shot of my nephew and nieces at one of the little ponds we have in the countryside. Again, this shot is with my older camera, but I think it still conveys the message of reflection.  While we all get older, so do our parents, siblings, nephews, nieces, and friends.  It's amazing how quickly time moves.
Dummy me.  I came from hot Arizona and only brought my shorts.  I had forgotten how cold it gets in October. In the pic are my two sisters and mom. I love this time of year as it's all about the family. I do not, however, like this pic of me.
It's also about the gorgeous fall colors. 
This pic was taken from my brother-in-law's garden.  He loves to garden and he also loves his hostas.  If you love hostas as much as he does, you need to check out Cheesehead Gardening.  "Hosta Nerd" is from Wisconsin and has a lot of fun videos about hostas and other info on gardening in the Great Lakes Region.  I enjoy her sense of humor and style. The pics above and below are dedicated to you my blogger friend.
Our family celebrates fall at Point Beach State Park and it's really beautiful.  If you live in Wisconsin, take your kids for trick or treating in our beautiful forests along Lake Michigan.  It's really something special.  But if you go, get there early as parking will get crazy. The party happens on October 14th.  It's a family event.  Load up your kids in their costumes, go with some friends, and get ready for some beautiful scenery.  If you're interested, click here for Spooky Spectacular and scroll down. This is Chach, my godkid, on a hike with her Uncle. It was cold and they get runny noses:)
October is my favorite month.  I love pumpkins and pumpkin pie.  Halloween happens....so does Día de Los Muertos. And cooler weather finally arrives in the Old Pueblo.
And it signals the holiday season.
Hope your season starts off on the right note. Back to Arizona. While we may not have a traditional fall like most people in the country, it is time to get in our cars and take those drives to the mountains above and escape life. Many of our canyons, like Sabino or Madera, are going through their changes and leaves are turning.  Mt. Lemmon has aspens that change color as well.  Get in the spirit and visit our state parks:)  Until tomorrow.....

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful color of leaves, reminding me of my deprivation of watching Fall colors! And those pumpkins are so beautiful too. I've just been to an Agricultural Fair today and saw some beautiful pumpkins too. Pumpkins are just new here, as we just normally our green and yellow squash. Now some varieties can already tolerate our climes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two Rivers! I know that place

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's my hometown. It's really pretty right now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!