Sunday, June 24, 2012

All Good Things.....


From Starship Troopers at the Phoenix Comicon 2012 with Casper Van Dien and Dina Meyer
Ever run into movie stars and not realize right away that they were standing next to you the entire time?  That happened several times during our stay in Phoenix.  Sometimes the actors are shorter than you imagined, older than you imagined, or not as attractive as you imagined......but there is something that you pick up on that separates them from the rest of the crowd.  My brother caught both these stars in the elevator alone and felt as if something wasn't right with the force:)
Dina Meyer
As a photographer, I try to capture interesting and different looks.  Some actors (un)surprisingly don't show much emotion and it makes the shoot difficult. 
Casper Van Dien from Starship Troopers
Ed Asner is seen below talking about his life experiences as an actor.  Love this guy!  Very funny and says it like it is.
Ed Asner
Some actors don't always turn out to be like their TV characters.  This actress plays Deanna Troi on Star Trek the Next Generation.  She's a bit sassy and demanding.  Some audience members were put off by her.  When we met her in person, Marina was a bit bossy, but I don't mind:)  I come from a family of strong women. 
Marina Sirtis 2012
And then there is Jamie Bamber.......from Battlestar Galactica.  I encountered him early in the morning getting ready for a workout. My brother and I were heading for breakfast and the elevator door opened up and there was this shorter guy.  We said, "Hey." and when I noticed who it was I laughed and said, "Hello." properly.  Well, Mr. Bamber is afterall half English/half American. He played Apollo from the new Battlestar Galactica series.
Jamie Bamber
And of course, several of the actors were witty and a lot of fun.  For example, Wil Wheaton and Brent Spiner had the crowd going several times during their panel.
Brent Spiner and Wil Wheaton
Movie stars are people like everyone else.  They live their lives similiar to our own....some with money; some without.....and the struggles may be different.....but no matter how you look at it....it's still kinda fun to see them in person and chat.
Jamie Bamber is from one of my ultimate favorite TV shows.  I don't watch much TV but BSG is about technology and our advancement in robotics.  The robots(or cylons) become intelligent and kill most of the human race.  The humans flee their planet in search of a new home and it's some of the best storytelling you'll ever see on TV.  You can watch Battlestar Galactica on Netflix TV.
Micheal Dorn
And look at this guy!  Michael Dorn(or Worf) playing around with his camera.  He's so skinny and unlike his Worf character in real life!  At the end of it all, it was sad because we had such a great time.  But that's my life with this blog.  I look forward to the shoots and interviews and ultimately know that it will all end.  So this is the final post on the Phoenix comicon. I hope you enjoyed my take on this major event for Phoenix.  I've got so much more in store for you all.  Stay tuned for more.... 

10 comments:

  1. Well at least I recognized a couple of them, or at least their characters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recognize some of them too. Except for Worf, he is very different from his character. It does look like a fun time, great photo. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. a brush with fantasy made real. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spent such a good time reading your last two posts!
    Great entertainment here. I must admit I have still to learn a lot about a few of the characters you are writing about...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, boy, I would have loved to have heard Ed Asner's stories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well coming from the UK I must admit I didn't know any of those TV stars but it was interesting to read your obervations on them all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an interesting post - I'm afraid I didn't recognise many of them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't ever knowingly ran into a star, but I think it might put me ill-at-ease. They just seem larger than life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think most of us would love to meet Ed Asner. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!